Friday, October 2, 2009

Networking 101

After two years or so of hosting the Vancouver Entrepreneur Meetup, I have a few simple suggestions for people when it comes to networking.

  1. Weak handshake makes me wonder if you are an indecisive person
  2. If you are quick to walk away after I tell you what I do (because you have sized me up and realized I’m not a customer) I am more likely to tell 10 friends how uncomfortable and unimportant you have made me felt.
  3. Please make eye contact with me when I am talking to you.
  4. If you have food in your mouth, please clear all content before proceeding to talk to me.
  5. Please bring your BUSINESS CARD!  It doesn’t make a very good impression if I have to carry around a piece of napkin with your information on it.

Just a few tips to better prepare you for the next time you are out at a networking event. 

Happy Networking!!!
 
Quote of the day:
 
"A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business."

Henry Ford

Posted via email from minna's posterous